But it's Friday and you're fasting from meat... what is a person to do?!
Make this super simple, cost-effective slow cooker green bean and dumpling soup, of course! Your family will love the taste and you will love just how easy it is to make.
Please note: This recipe contains both chicken broth and cream of chicken soup, which the United States Conference of Bishops states is not forbidden during Lent.
- 3 (10.5oz) cans Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (32oz) box Chicken Broth
- 10 Large Flaky Refrigerator Biscuits
- 1 (16 oz.) bag of frozen green beans
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add cream of chicken soup and chicken broth to crock pot. Cook on high for 1 hour (2 hours on low).
- Cut each uncooked biscuit into 8 small pieces and stir into the soup mixture. Add frozen green beans and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot and enjoy!