If you are looking to "spice up" your meatless meals this Lent, this Spicy Shrimp and Rice Casserole is sure to satisfy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package wild rice
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can Rotel (choose your temperature)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce can) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
- Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.
- Bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and Rotel. Mix well. Spray a 9-inch square aluminum cake pan or an 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with vegetable spray. Place the mixture in the pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.