In the meantime, I just HAD to share these sweet, savory, and oh-so creamy chicken chimichangas that I made for dinner last week. I found this recipe for baked chicken chimicangas on Six Sister's Stuff website, but ended up making so many modifications and changes to it that I figured I would just re-write it and share it with you, my awesome friends! Without further ado, here is my recipe for yummy Creamy Chicken Chimichangas with a Chile Lime Sauce:
- Pour chiles, soup, and desired amount of lime juice into blender, pureeing until smooth.
- Once pureed, pour into saucepan and heat over medium, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, stir together yogurt and mozzarella cheese until well blended. Fold in chicken.
- Evenly divide mixture into 12 tortillas, folding each tortilla around filling.
- Spray 9x13 and 8x8 pans with non-stick cooking spray and add chimichangas.
- In a preheated 350 degree oven, bake chimichangas for 15 minutes. Pull pan out, turn over chimichangas, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- To serve, place chimichanga and plate and drizzle with warmed chili lime sauce.