Jackson (3) and I share a love of cooking shows and recently stumbled upon Food Network's Spring Baking Championship. All of the spring-themed baked goods got us both hungry and feeling creative (or so I convinced Jax), and inspired us to whip up something fruity and delicious.
Enter this cake.
Last year, my sweet friend Ashley introduced me to Young Living Essential Oils and I have recently had the urge to play around with them more and actually used Lemon Vitality in this cake! It is seriously the easiest thing ever to bake and would be the perfect dessert to serve this Mother's Day.
Without further ado, here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality Oil (If you don't have oil, substitute with 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and milk. Mix until combined. Add flour mixture and lemon oil, and mix on low until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and sprinkle with desired amount of powdered sugar.
(Note: This cake pairs well with coffee and can even be served for breakfast!)